Caregiving Exercise Institute
Become The “Go To” Caregiver
Over 3 hours of narrated PowerPoint video instruction arranged into 8 parts:
- Part 1: Why do we need the Caregiving Exercise Specialist
- Part 2: Physical and Cognitive changes with aging
- Part 3: The most common health problems among caregiving patients
- Part 4: Introduction to Exercise and Training Caregiving client
- Part 5: Workout 1: Seated (non ambulatory)
- Part 6: Workout 2: Seated and Standing
- Part 7: Workout 3: Standing (fully ambulatory)
- Part 8: Taking care of the caregiver
Why Caregiving Exercise Institute?
Give Caregivers the confidence to help their clients so they can reduce fall risk and improve independent activities of daily living.
Improve Health & Wellness
Discover how exercise and other important issues (e.g., medication management & home safety) are key to reducing falls.
Learn Apply assessment results to construct customized training programs for every one of your older clients.
The US Population grows older . . .
“The demand for home care workers — also known as the “direct care” workforce — is expected to increase dramatically in coming years. Government statisticians rank home care as one of the nation’s fastest growing occupations, with an additional million workers needed by 2026; that’s an increase of 50% from 2014. And the number of Americans age 85 and older is projected to more than double in the next few decades, soaring from 1.8% of the population in 2010 to 4.5% in 2050.”
(Forbes Magazine 4/18/18, Chris Farrell)